Saturday, April 9, 2011

week 10

Ahhh its week ten! We're in the double digits!
Only a couple of weeks left ;___;

Last week I challenged myself to go the whole week without spending any money on food.
And I succeeded!

To be honest, I was very hungry for most of the week!
So I definitely still need to organize myself more if I am going to keep up this lifestyle.
Which I may have to, because work is cutting my hours like crazy >:(

But overall, I am very happy with this accomplishment. Its hard to believe that only a few months ago I was spending nearly $100.00 a week on things I didn't necessarily need. Thats crazy.
And it's especially during these last few weeks at school when we have to extra careful on how we spend money. Final projects are due, which means we have a lot of printing fees coming up! :O

Here's the total for Week 10:

$28.73 on prints for school
$11.23 on mini DV tapes

$33.67 on Mommy's Birthday Present

This is my best week yet!
All of the purchases I made were for things that I needed.
I would be lying if I said that the fear of being completely broke didn't play a hand in my motivation for saving this week, but now that I see it is possible for me to not waste any money at all, I think there is a bright future ahead for my bank account and I :)

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on achieving a goal towards saving money!

    ReplyDelete